1. This competition (“Competition”) is organised by SIMON & SCHUSTER (UK) LIMITED of 222 Gray’s Inn Road, London WCIX 8HB (“Promoter”). Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Terms and Conditions without notice at any time, including, without limitation, in the event of an act of God or any other event outside of Promoter’s reasonable control. Promoter shall notify all entrants of any such cancellation or amendment.
2.Only one entry per person is permitted. Promoter reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who uses multiple accounts, telephone numbers, e-mail addresses, or any technologies which permit multiple entries and any entries which are completed by third parties or in bulk, illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with or are incomplete.
3. Each entrant must be a resident of the United Kingdom or Ireland and aged 18 or over. Promoter may require proof that you are eligible to enter the competition. Employees of Promoter or affiliated companies, employees of agents or suppliers of the Promoter or affiliated companies, their immediate families or anyone professionally associated with this Competition or its administration and their immediate families, are excluded from entry.
4. Any entrants that do not meet the criteria to enter the Competition shall be disqualified. Promoter also reserves the right to remove any entries from the Competition it determines, in its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Terms and Conditions or if the entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the Competition.
5. To enter, entrants must complete the entry. No purchase is necessary and there is no charge to enter.
6. By submitting your entry form, you:
- Consent to the Promoter publishing your picture on the Promoter’s and affiliated companies’ and other third-party websites, on social media and all other platforms.
- Consent to the Promoter publishing and/or disclosing your name, county and a copy of your entry form if you win a prize;
- Hereby grant to Promoter a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual licence to publish any or all of the content (including the entry and any photographs, although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has won a prize) submitted to the Promoter to edit, use, modify, copy, publish, display, promote, publicise and use in any and all media (including print, online and social media) for publicity, news and/or marketing purposes, along with your image, likeness and voice (where video or audio recording is provided).
7. The Promoter is not obliged to publish your picture or the content you submit.
8. The opening date for receipt of entries is 19/06/2020.
9. The closing date for receipt of entries is 17/07/2020. Entries submitted after the Closing Date will be invalid.
10. Promoter accepts no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries regardless of cause including but not limited to messages not received due to technical disruptions, network congestion, loss in service of online entry mechanisms, computer error in transit or any other reason. Promoter cannot enter into correspondence with entrants who experience difficulties with entering online. Promoter will not accept proof of transmission or submission or any other evidence as proof of entry to the Competition.
11. One winner will be randomly selected from all correct answers submitted under the supervision of an independent observer. The Promoter’s selection is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
12. The prize is and is limited to: one paperback copy of Tidelands by Philippa Gregory, one GREAT PLAINS gift card, to the value of £250, plus one Spa Breaks voucher to the value of £200.
- e-gift card provided as a digital promo code with value of: £250. Promo code to be used online at www.greatplains.co.uk
- This promo code is valid from 00:00 12/07/2020 until 23:59:59 31/07/2021
- This promo code is valid in conjunction with any other offer or promotion
- No cash alternative is available
- Prize is valid for 12 months
- Prize must be redeemed with Spabreaks.com
- Prize does not include travel or any other miscellaneous costs and cannot be exchanged for a cash alternative
- Prize is non-transferable and non-exchangeable
- Prize is subject to availability
- Prize cannot be used in conjunction with any other offer or discount code
13. Winners may be required to submit valid identification before receiving their prize.
14. The winner shall be notified via email from Simon & Schuster by 31st July and must respond accepting the prize via email within thirty (30) calendar days of receipt of the foregoing notification email from Promoter. If a selected winner does not confirm the prize via email within thirty (30) calendar days of the notification email being sent by Promoter, Promoter may select another winner. Any winner that is not qualified to enter the Competition shall be disqualified. Promoter will not accept any amended contact details provided after the competition entry has been summitted. Promoter is not liable for any inability to contact any entrant whether due to errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by an entrant on an entry form or due to technical problems preventing Promoter from obtaining accurate contact details, including, without limitation, any acts or omissions by any third party service provider or for any other reason.
15. The prize is non-transferable, no money alternative is available, and no part of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. Promoter does not accept any responsibility if you are not able to claim the prize and the prize may not be claimed by a third party on your behalf. The prize not valid with other offers. Prizes are subject to availability. Promoter reserves the right to substitute the prize with a prize of equal or greater value. The prize is not negotiable or transferable.
16. By entering the Competition all entrants:
- waive all moral rights in the entry and all content provided including photographs; and
- undertake to Promoter that all such materials including photographs are not and do not represent a breach of any third party intellectual property rights and will not contain anything, which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify the Promotor for any loss, damage or liability which arises out of any breach of this clause; and
- assign to the Promoter all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry (but not the copyright in any photographs) and all associated materials.
17. For the avoidance of doubt, all rights in the name and title of the Competition and the format rights for the Competition are the property of Promoter and the same may be exploited at their absolute discretion.
18. Promotor shall have no liability for any losses or damages which may be suffered by an entrant (or any person claiming under or through the entrant), in connection with this Competition, whether the same are suffered directly or indirectly or are immediate or consequential, and whether the same arise in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever, but Promotor does not exclude liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Promotor
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.
19. No forbearance or delay by either party in enforcing its rights shall prejudice or restrict the rights of that party, and no waiver of any such rights or of any breach of any contractual terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other right or of any later breach. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is judged to be illegal or unenforceable, the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of the provisions will not be prejudiced. None of these Terms and Conditions are intended to confer a benefit on, or to be enforceable by, any person other than the entrant or Promotor.
20. These Terms and Conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Competition will be governed by English law. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the Competition.
21. Any questions, comments or complaints about the Terms and Conditions, this Competition, or to obtain the name of the winner, please send an email to Genevieve.Barratt@simonandschuster.co.uk with “Tidelands x Great Plains Competition” in the subject heading.
22. By entering into this Competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (and by any other requirements or limitations set forth in promotional materials relating to this competition) which may be amended or varied at any time by Promoter.
23. Promoter must either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation Promoter will send the surname and county of prize winners and, if applicable, copies of their winning entries, to anyone who emails Genevieve.Barratt@simonandschuster.co.uk within one month after the closing date of the Competition.
24. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact Promoter by emailing Genevieve.Barratt@simonandschuster.co.uk. In such circumstances, Promoter must still provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
25. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these terms and conditions, Promoter may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the competition.