Would you like to see your name in print on the pages of Chris Carter's next book?
Are you ready to be killed off in style as one of Chris Carter's unfortunate victims?
Chris Carter is giving one lucky UK fan the chance to be named in the book that follows his upcoming novel, Hunting Evil.
He's writing it right now - and has promised to kill off the competition winner in one of his trademark gory murders.
All you need to do to enter is pre-order the UK Hardback of his new book Hunting Evil - and upload proof of your receipt in the form below.
The winner, picked at random, will lend their name to one of Chris' new characters, who is then killed off in gruesome fashion.
We'll announce the winner on the UK publication day of Hunting Evil (2 May 2019). The competition is open to UK residents only. Good luck!
You can pre-order the UK Hardback of Hunting Evil at the following places:
Pre-order Hunting Evil on Amazon
Pre-order Hunting Evil at Waterstones
Pre-order Hunting Evil at WH Smith
Pre-order Hunting Evil at Foyles
Terms and Conditions
- This Competition is organised by SIMON & SCHUSTER (UK) LIMITED of Cannon Place, 78 Cannon Street, London, EC4N 6AF (“Promoter”). The Promoter reserves the right to cancel or amend the Competition or these Terms without notice at any time, including, without limitation, in the event of an act of God or any other event outside of Promoter’s reasonable control. The Promoter shall notify all entrants of any such cancellation or amendment.
- Only one entry per person is permitted. Each entrant must be a resident of the United Kingdom and aged 16 or over. Employees of Simon & Schuster UK or affiliated companies, immediate families or anyone professionally associated with this Competition draw and their immediate families, are excluded from entry. Any entrants that are not qualified to enter the competition shall be disqualified. Promoter also reserves the right to remove any entries from the competition is determines, at its sole discretion, to be in violation of these Terms and Conditions.
- To enter, entrants must complete the above entry form and provide proof of purchase of the UK edition of the physical hardback book, Hunting Evil by Chris Carter. The proof of purchase can be in electronic form or a photograph of a physical receipt, and must be uploaded on the entry form. Hunting Evil is available to pre-order in Waterstones, Amazon.co.uk and many other online and retailers.
- By submitting your entry form, you:
- consent to the Promoter publishing and/or disclosing your name, county and a copy of your entry form if you win a prize;
- hereby grant to Promoter a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual licence to feature any or all of the content submitted to the Promoter in any media for publicity and marketing purposes, along with your image, likeness, voice or name.
- The closing date for receipt of entries is 01.05.2019 (“Closing Date”).
- The winner will be the first correct answer chosen at random by 02.05.2019 by Promoter under the supervision of an independent observer. The Promoter’s selection is final and no correspondence shall be entered into.
- The winner shall be notified via email by 10.05.2019 and must respond accepting the prize via email within thirty (30) calendar days of receipt of the foregoing notification email from Promoter. To accept the prize, the winner shall be required to provide to Promoter a release of the use of the winner’s name and consent to the use the winner’s name in the publication, advertising and/or promotion of Chris Carter’s next novel published by Simon & Schuster (UK) Limited, in any editions or revisions thereof, in any languages and formats and in any medium throughout the world. If a selected winner does not accept the prize via email within thirty (30) calendar days of receipt of the notification email from Promoter, Promoter may select another winner. Any winner that is not qualified to enter the competition shall be disqualified. The Promoter is not liable for any inability to contact with any entrant due to errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contract details provided by an entrant on an entry form or due to technical problems preventing the Promoter from obtaining accurate contact details, including, without limitation, any acts or omissions by any third party service provider.
- The prize is the use of the winner’s first name as the name of a character in Chris Carter’s next novel published by Simon & Schuster (UK) Limited. The Promoter and the author reserve the right to change or modify the winner’s first name (including, without limitation, the spelling of the name) for purposes of inclusion in the author’s next novel at their sole discretion.
- The prize is non-transferable, no money alternative is available, and no part of the prize may be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. The prize not valid with other offers.
- The Promotor shall have no liability for any losses or damages which may be suffered by an entrant (or any person claiming under or through the entrant), whether the same are suffered directly or indirectly or are immediate or consequential, and whether the same arise in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever, but Promotor does not exclude liability for:
- death or personal injury caused by the negligence of Promotor
- fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.
- No forbearance or delay by either party in enforcing its rights shall prejudice or restrict the rights of that party, and no waiver of any such rights or of any breach of any contractual terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other right or of any later breach. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is judged to be illegal or unenforceable, the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of the provisions will not be prejudiced. None of these Terms is intended to confer a benefit on, or to be enforceable by, any person other than the entrant or Promotor.
- These Terms and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms will be governed by English law. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms.
- Any questions, comments or complaints about this competition, or to obtain the name of the winner, please send an email to Richard.Vlietstra@simonandschuster.co.uk with “Hunting Evil Competition” in the subject heading.
- By entering into this competition, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (and by any other requirements or limitations set forth in promotional materials relating to this competition) which may be amended or varied at any time by the Promoter.