"If you want to receive mindfulness teachings in a way that is playful, wise and memorable, read this book. Arnie uses the most ancient of teaching devices--metaphorical stories and images--to convey the possibility and blessings of living a life of presence."
– Tara Brach, author of Radical Acceptance
"What I loved most about this book was that the language was current and the values were traditional. It was useful wherever you dipped in to refresh yourself. A delightful book that brings your life and practice together whether you are an old timer or new practitioner."
– Grace Schireson author of Zen Women
"A fresh and straightforward voice."
– Shambhala Sun
"This collection of very useful reflections provide us with 108 sparkling insights into mindfulness, the energy of seeing--so vital for all of us engaged in meditative living."
– Larry Rosenberg
"This book will raise your spiritual IQ."
– Shinzen Young, author of, The Science of Enlightenment
"A must-read if you desire to live a life of balance and happiness. Brilliant, simple, and profound. Perfect for your daily inspirational time."
– Dr. Kathleen Hall, founder of The Stress Institute and The Mindful Living Network
"Highly recommended for both students and teachers of mindfulness."
– Zindel Segal, Ph.D., coauthor of The Mindful Way Through Depression
"Vivid and thoughtful. This book is a welcomed companion to mindfulness-based psychotherapy."
– Paul Foxman, Ph.D., Founder of the Center for Anxiety Disorders, author of Dancing with Fear
"All of us understand things by comparing them to what we already know and in this way metaphors are fundamental to our efforts to learn--and Arnie Kozak is offering us a wonderful collection of them. A wild ride!"
– Thomas Bien, Ph.D., author of Mindful Therapy and coeditor of Mindfulness and the Therapeutic Relationship
"Metaphors are the way we makes sense of the world, the mind, and our experience. Arnie Kozak offers 108 metaphors for understanding and cultivating mindfulness, not as an abstract practice, but within the embodied experience of this moment. Wild Chickens and Petty Tyrants is insightful, creative, and inspiring; each metaphor a shining facet of a jewel."
– Frank Jude Boccio, author of Mindfulness Yoga