George Washington. John Adams. Benjamin Franklin. These great leaders--and many others--made innumerable contributions that laid the groundwork for our nation. But who were they really
In actuality, the founding fathers were a diverse group of men and not the homogenous collection history has shaped them into. Some were puritanical but some were philanderers; some were wealthy while others were plagued with money woes.
Inside you'll discover the triumphs, failures, and little-known facts about our founding fathers, including:
- Why George Washington never lived in the White House
- What John Adams and Thomas Jefferson stole from Shakespeare's birthplace
- Why Alexander Hamilton never ran for president
- How Thomas Paine narrowly escaped execution in France
- Why Thomas Jefferson kept grizzly bears on the White House lawn
Featuring fun quizzes to test your knowledge, this book uncovers both the great accomplishments and also the very human flaws of the founding fathers and brings them to life like no dry history book can!