"An essential teaching for all children, told with delightful, relatable warmth."
– Sumi Loundon Kim, author Sitting Together: A Family-Centered Curriculum on Mindfulness, Meditation, and Buddhist Teachings
“Squabbling Squashes is a delight from start to finish, both funny and wise. The illustrations are so warm and inviting that children of all ages will want to step into the scenes and sit with the squashes. And then it’s easy to take in the gentle point of this classic story of the deep connections among us all.”
– Jisho Warner, Soto Zen priest and guiding teacher of Stone Creek Zen Center
“Super enjoyable to hear, read, and savor for people of all ages, Squabbling Squashes helps our future generations to be aware of a universal mutual tie in society and nature.”
– Kazuaki Tanahashi, author of Painting Peace: Art in a Time of Global Crisis
“This sweetly illustrated parable of the squashes beautifully reveals that we are simultaneously wondrously different and intimately connected. A deeply meaningful story that children and their parents will repeatedly delight in.”
– James V. Cordova, PhD, author of The Marriage Checkup and The Story of Mu
“An ancient tale cultivating mindfulness today.”
– Lauen Alderfer, author of Mindful Monkey, Happy Panda
Get a FREE ebook by joining our mailing list today!
Get our latest book recommendations, author news, competitions, offers, and other information right to your inbox.
By clicking 'Sign me up' I confirm that I'd like to receive updates, special offers, including partner offers, and other information from Simon & Schuster Inc. and the Simon & Schuster family of companies. I understand I can change my preference through my account settings or unsubscribe directly from any marketing communications at any time. We will send you an email with instructions on how to redeem your free ebook, and associated terms.
Thank you for signing up, fellow book lover!
Tell us what you like and we'll recommend books you'll love.