Discover the man behind the myth.
One hundred fifty years after his death, Abraham Lincoln remains one of America's most fascinating, brilliant, and visionary leaders. He's idolized as a hero, a legend, and even a secular saint. But what about the real man behind the stone monument?
In this engaging, intelligent book, you'll learn about more than just his savvy political skills and Civil War power plays. 101 Things You Didn't Know about Lincoln
reveals other little known details of his personal and professional life, including:
- How Lincoln escaped death more than once as a child
- Why he once used a chicken bone to argue a court case
- Why the Lincolns kept goats at the White House
- When and why he grew that beard
- How John Wilkes Booth's brother saved Lincoln's son
- Who tried to rob Lincoln's grave
Filled with these and other offbeat facts, 101 Things You Didn't Know about Lincoln
is sure to fascinate, whether you're a newcomer to Lincoln legend and lore, or a hardcore history buff!