YOU ARE INVITED...
Are you ready for an exclusive first look at Emma Bamford's breathtaking debut thriller Deep Water, sure to make a huge splash when it's published in July 2022? We have another 50 advanced proofs up for grabs...
This summer, prepare to visit paradise…
Virginie and Jake spend all their savings on a yacht and set sail towards Amarante, a remote island rumoured to be a paradise.
But what starts as a dream can quickly become a nightmare. And even paradise comes with a price...
Enter your name and email address below to be in with a chance of receiving a proof of Deep Water.
Terms and Conditions
2. By entering your name and email address this amounts to a request for a copy of a book proof. Your signing up does not constitute an agreement by us to provide the copy of the book requested.
3. We will let you know in due course if your request was successful and, if applicable, when, and how we will be sending you the copy of the book proof.
4. The winner will be chosen at random from the valid entries.
5. There are 50 book proofs to give away.
6. We may amend these terms and conditions from time to time. Every time you wish to use our site, please check these terms and conditions.
7. You must keep your account details safe including your password. You must not disclose it to any third party.
8. Where our site contains links to sites and resources provided by third parties, our providing this information to you should not be construed as any approval or endorsement by us of those websites or their contents.
9. We reserve the right to cancel or amend this offer or these Terms and Conditions without notice at any time, including, without limitation, in the event of an act of God or any other event outside of our reasonable control.
10. One entry per person is permitted. We reserve the right to disqualify any entries which are completed by third parties, are illegible, have been altered, reconstructed, forged or tampered with or are incomplete or if the entry is in any way deficient.
11. Each applicant must be a resident of the United Kingdom and aged 18 years or over and entrants below the age of 18 years must have the permission of a parent or guardian to enter. We may require proof that you are eligible to apply and have the consent of a parent or guardian to enter. Our employees or those of affiliated companies, employees of agents or our suppliers or of affiliated companies, their immediate families or anyone professionally associated with this offer or its administration and their immediate families, are excluded from entry.
12. Any entrants that do not meet the criteria to enter the offer shall be disqualified. We also reserve the right to remove any applications if we determine, in our sole discretion, to be in violation of these Terms and Conditions or if the entrant’s conduct is contrary to the spirit or intention of the offer. We reserve the right to disqualify an entrant, or to refuse or withdraw a book, if an entrant or a winner threatens or abuses one of our employees, or otherwise conducts themselves in a manner that we regard as inappropriate, offensive, unlawful, unsafe or unsociable.
13. To apply, please fill in the form at https://www.simonandschuster.co.uk/p/Deep-Water-Proof-Request
14. There is no charge to apply and no purchase is necessary.
15. By submitting your application, you (where applicable):
- Consent to our publishing your entry and your picture on our and affiliated companies’ and other third-party websites, on social media and all other platforms;
- Consent to our publishing and/or disclosing your name, county and a copy of your entry form if you receive a book;
- Hereby grant to us, where applicable, a worldwide, irrevocable, royalty free, perpetual licence to publish any or all of the content (including the entry and any photographs, although publication does not necessarily mean the entrant has been awarded a book) submitted to us to edit, use, modify, copy, publish, display, promote, publicise and use in any and all media (including print, online and social media) for publicity, news and/or marketing purposes, along with your image, likeness and voice (where video or audio recording is provided);
- Agree we are not obliged to publish your picture or the content you submit.
16. Make your application between 9 am on 12/01/22 (“Opening Date”) and 11.59 pm on 16/01/22 (“Closing Date”) (United Kingdom time). Entries submitted before the Opening Date or after the Closing Date will be invalid.
17. We accept no responsibility for any late, lost or misdirected entries regardless of cause including but not limited to messages not received due to technical disruptions, network congestion, loss in service of online entry mechanisms, computer error in transit or any other reason. We cannot enter into correspondence with entrants who experience difficulties with entering online. We will not accept proof of transmission or submission or any other evidence as proof of entry.
18. Successful applications will be selected under the supervision of an independent observer. Our selection is final, and no correspondence or discussion will be entered into.
19. The book proof is “Deep Water” by Emma Bamford.
20. All successful applications will be notified that they have been successful within twenty eight (28) days of the Closing Date via at least one of the following methods:
- by telephone; or
- by email; or
- in writing.
21. Successful applicants must respond accepting the book via email within thirty (30) calendar days of receipt of the foregoing notification email. If the successful applicant does not confirm acceptance via email within thirty (30) calendar days of the notification email being sent, we may select another recipient. Any applicant that is not qualified to apply shall be disqualified. We will not accept any amended contact details provided after the application has been summitted. We are not liable for any inability to contact any applicant whether due to errors, omissions or inaccuracies in the contact details provided by the applicant or due to technical problems preventing us from obtaining accurate contact details, including, without limitation, any acts or omissions by any third party service provider or for any other reason.
22. The book is non-transferable, no money alternative is available, and the book may not be substituted for other benefits, items or additions. We do not offer a cash alternative and applicants must accept the book in the form offered. We do not accept any responsibility if an applicant is not able to claim the book and the book may not be claimed by a third party on the applicant’s behalf. The book is not valid with other offers and are subject to availability. We reserve the right to substitute the book with a book or other item of equal or greater value. The choice of book is not negotiable.
23. Where a book is won by a person younger than 18, we reserve the right to award the book to the successful applicant’s parent or guardian on behalf of the successful applicant.
24. Books will be sent to successful applicant via the UK postal service or equivalent, unless otherwise stated. We will not be liable for any books which are lost, delayed, or damaged for reasons beyond our reasonable control. Further details may be set out in any additional terms notified to successful applicants.
25. Books will be delivered to an address within the UK unless otherwise stated in the offer’s details. Should an applicant’s contact details change, it is their responsibility to notify us or the contact person(s) detailed in the offer’s terms.
26. We reserve the right to request proof of an entrant’s identity in the form of a passport or driver’s licence and proof of address in the form of a utility bill. In the event that an entrant cannot provide proof of identity and/or address that is reasonably acceptable to us, then we may withdraw the book and select another successful applicant.
27. Where applicable, e.g., for time-specific benefits, the item must be taken on the dates specified. Successful applicants will forfeit any element of their item that they do not take at the time stipulated.
28. Any tax or other charges payable as a result of an item being awarded or received will be the responsibility of the successful applicant who should seek independent financial advice prior to accepting the item if this is a concern.
29. We make no representation or warranty in relation to books provided and to the fullest extent permitted by law we shall have no liability in relation to any book, its fitness for purpose, merchantability or otherwise.
30. All stated book values are at the supplier's recommended retail price in pounds sterling and are, to the best of our knowledge correct at the time of printing.
31. No additional, further or other costs or expenses are provided by us unless stated.
32. Third party suppliers may also often stipulate their own terms, conditions or restrictions and all successful applicants agree to be bound by these. We shall have no liability in relation to any items provided by a third party provider.
33. By entering all entrants:
- Waive all moral rights in the entry and all content provided including the entry and any photographs;
- Undertake that all such materials including the entry or any photographs are not and do not represent a breach of any third party intellectual property or privacy or data protection rights and will not contain anything which is defamatory, indecent, harassing or threatening and that they will indemnify us for any loss, damage or liability which arises out of any breach of this clause; and
- Assign to us all rights (including present and future copyright) in their entry (but not the copyright in any photographs) and all associated materials.
34. All rights in the name and title of the offer the format rights for the offer are our property and the same may be exploited at their absolute discretion.
35. We shall have no liability for any losses or damages which may be suffered by an entrant (or any person claiming under or through the entrant), in connection with this offer, whether the same are suffered directly or indirectly or are immediate or consequential, and whether the same arise in contract, tort (including negligence) or otherwise howsoever, but we do not exclude liability for:
- Death or personal injury caused by our negligence; or
- Fraud or fraudulent misrepresentation; or
- Any other liability which cannot be excluded by law.
36. No forbearance or delay by either party in enforcing its rights shall prejudice or restrict the rights of that party, and no waiver of any such rights or of any breach of any contractual terms shall be deemed to be a waiver of any other right or of any later breach. If any provision of these Terms and Conditions is judged to be illegal or unenforceable, the continuation in full force and effect of the remainder of the provisions will not be prejudiced. None of these Terms and Conditions are intended to confer a benefit on, or to be enforceable by, any person other than the applicant or ourselves.
37. These Terms and Conditions and any non-contractual obligations arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the offer will be governed by English law. The courts of England shall have exclusive jurisdiction to determine any dispute arising out of or in connection with these Terms and Conditions or the offer.
38. Any questions, comments or complaints about the Terms and Conditions or this offer, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Deep Water Proof Offer” in the subject heading.
39. By entering into this offer, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions (and by any other requirements or limitations set forth in promotional materials relating to this offer) which may be amended or varied at any time by us.
40. We may be required to either publish or make available information that indicates that a valid award took place. To comply with this obligation we may be required to send the surname and county of successful applicants and, if applicable, copies of their entries, to anyone who emails within one month after the Closing Date of the offer.
41. If you object to any or all of your surname, county and winning entry being published or made available, please contact us by emailing email@example.com. In such circumstances, we may still be required to provide the information and winning entry to the Advertising Standards Authority on request.
42. If there is any reason to believe that there has been a breach of these Terms and Conditions, we may, at its sole discretion, reserve the right to exclude you from participating in the offer.
43. If an offer requires entrants to submit a photograph and/or video clip to enter or participate in an offer:
Entrants warrant that they are the person in the photograph or video and/or they have prior consent from all persons in the photograph or video to submit it as part of their entry;
- Entrants agree that we have the right to publish and communicate to the public the photographs/video clip in any media without restriction or limitation throughout the world and not only for the purposes of the offer;
- Entrants acknowledge that we may edit the photographs or video in our sole discretion;
- Entrants agree that we shall have the right to use names, likenesses and other personal information submitted in conjunction with the photograph or video clip;
- Entrants agree not to bring any actions, suits, claims and demands against us in respect of defamation or any infringement or violation of any personal and/or property rights of any sort from the use of the photographs or video clip;
- Entrants unconditionally waive their right to seek or obtain an injunction to prevent or restrict our use of the photographs and/or video clip; and
- Entrants aged under 18 years shall have obtained the consent of a parent or a guardian (and will provide us with the contact details so we may contact them should we wish to verify this).