"If you are looking for magic you will find it inside this book. Sorcery of Thorns is a bewitching gem, full of slow burning romance, loyal friendships, and extraordinary world building. I absolutely loved every moment of this story."
– Stephanie Garber, #1 New York Times bestselling author of the Caraval series.
"If you loved the Hogwarts Library, or the Great Library of the Clayr, you'll be right at home at Summershall. Tightly paced, hugely atmospheric, with a touch of wry humor, this book had me from its Gothic beginning right to the perfect end."
– Katherine Arden, author of The Bear and the Nightingale
"Brimming with twisty enchantment, Sorcery of Thorns is Margaret Rogerson at her most playfully addictive. The heir apparent to Diana Wynne Jones, no one can match her dark whimsy or joyous magic. This book is sheer delight."
– Jessica Cluess, author of the Kingdom on Fire trilogy
“Like the grimoires that fill its pages, Sorcery of Thorns lives, breathes, and beckons you closer with each enchanting word. This is classic fantasy at its very best.”
– Julie C. Dao, author of Forest of a Thousand Lanterns
* "An enthralling adventure replete with spellbinding characters, a slow-burning love story, and a world worth staying lost in."
– Kirkus Reviews, starred review
"Rogerson proves herself a worthy successor to Diana Wynne Jones in this moody, atmospheric, and lively classic fantasy...This enchanting story is sure to appeal to teen readers eager for more of the world-building, fierce friendships, and feminist heroines of Robin LaFevers and Naomi Novik."
– School Library Journal
"A frothy fantasy of manners with plenty of substance and heart that will appeal to fans of Garth Nix (Newt’s Emerald, BCCB 1/16) and Wrede and Stevermer’s Sorcery and Cecelia."
"A race against time filled with demonic magic, vivid settings and classic romantic tension, Sorcery of Thorns is a chillingly good gothic."