Eat Healthy, Be Active is a series of one-hour workshops created by the US Department of Health and Human and Office of Disease Prevention to encourage better overall health in the community and at home. Based on recent nutrition and physical activity guidelines, this handbook provides instructors everything they need to create interactive, engaging, and effective workshops in the following areas:
1. Enjoy Healthy Food That Tastes Great
2. Quick, Healthy Meals and Snacks
3. Eating Healthy on a Budget
4. Tips for Losing Weight and Keeping It Off
5. Making Healthy Eating Part of Your Total Lifestyle
6. Physical Activity Is Key to Living Well This handbook provides a lesson plan with step by step instructions, learning objectives and activities, and educational materials for each workshop, allowing anyone to become an instructor. In addition, materials are created to be inclusive of all literacy levels, making healthy living accessible for anyone and everyone.
The U.S. Department of Health & Human Services (HHS) has a mission to enhance and protect the health and well-being of all Americans. It fulfills that mission by providing for effective health and human services and fostering advances in medicine, public health, and social services.
The Office of Disease Prevention and Health Promotion (ODPHP) provides leadership for disease prevention and health promotion among Americans. ODPHP undertakes this mandate through the formulation of national health goals and objectives, the coordination of activities in disease prevention, health promotion, preventive health services, and the providing of necessary health information and education.
Get a FREE e-book by joining our mailing list today!
Get our latest book recommendations, author news, competitions, offers, and other information right to your inbox.
By clicking 'Sign me up' I confirm that I'd like to receive updates, special offers, including partner offers, and other information from Simon & Schuster Inc. and the Simon & Schuster family of companies. I understand I can change my preference through my account settings or unsubscribe directly from any marketing communications at any time. We will send you an email with instructions on how to redeem your free eBook, and associated terms.
More books from this author: Department of Health and Human Services
Thank you for signing up, fellow book lover!
Tell us what you like and we'll recommend books you'll love.